The StFX Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes from every varsity team assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. SAAC offers input on the regulations and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives at StFX University and works to enhance the student-athlete experience.
The mission statement of the StFX SAAC is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare, and fostering a positive student-athlete image. The focus of the committee is leadership and production: in the classroom, on their teams, across campus and in the community.
The purpose of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) is:
- To promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes and provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
- To provide equal and representative input of StFX student-athletes.
- To build a sense of community within the athletic program involving all varsity athletic teams.
- To create relationships between student-athletes and the community by organizing community service efforts and raising funds for various causes.
- To promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
- To disseminate information.
CLICK HERE to read the SAAC Handbook which outlines our membership criteria, selection process, duties of members and our executive board. The SAAC executive consists of two Co-Chairs, along with the following Chairs: Communications, Community Service, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Visible @ X and SAMHI. Members of SAAC meet monthly along with the SAAC Advisor, who is a member of the Athletic Department administration.
Nominations for SAAC membership shall be submitted by coaches, teammates or administrators, and interested student-athletes may submit an application for membership to the SAAC Advisor. Nominations/applications are be accepted on an annual basis between April and mid-September. Diversity of gender and ethnicity will be taken into consideration.
All SAAC members must be in good academic standing with the university and be officially eligible for athletic competition and appear on their respective team’s active roster. Any StFX student-athletes interested in joining SAAC can do so by completing the APPLICATION FORM and sending it to SAAC Advisor, Krista McKenna. Applications for 2020-21 SAAC membership will be accepted until October 2nd.