StFX ATHLETIC THERAPY POLICIES & DOCUMENTS
ATHLETIC THERAPY RESOURCES & LINKS
Atlantic Provinces ATA
IMPACT concussion testing
Concussion Fact Sheet
USPORTS Doping Control Program
CCES Athletes Zone - Prohibited and Non-Prohibited Medications, Supplements & Testing Information
SPORTS MEDICINE PERSONNEL
Head Athletic Therapist
|Staff Athletic Therapist
(902) 867-2231 office
(902) 999-2684 cell
Staff Athletic Therapist
Dr. David Cudmore
MD, CCFP, FCFP,
Dip Sport Med.
The StFX Sports Medicine Clinic is located in the Amelia Saputo Centre for Healthy Living (formerly Oland Centre) which is currently under construction. During the constrcution phase from April-July, 2019 the clinic can be accessed via the upstairs of the Saputo Centre. Follow the hallway past the racquetball courts and take the stairs down beside the pool and follow the signage to the clinic.
IMAPCT CONCUSSION ASSESSMENT TOOL
NEW ATHLETES attending StFX for the first time
TO ALL NEW INCOMING ATHLETES:
Please find below instructions to complete a baseline test for IMPACT a concussion assessment tool that we will be using on a regular basis for the following years. All athletes will be required to complete this online test prior to their first official practice at StFX for the upcoming 2013-2014 varsity season. This test can be done on line anywhere and please make sure of the following before starting your exam:
1) An external mouse must be used throughout the exam. TouchPad and TrackPoint mice (typically found on laptop computers) should NOT be used.
2) If you are taking your exam on a laptop computer, make sure it is plugged into an electrical outlet and is not running on battery power.
3) Please close any applications other than ImPACT that are currently running on this computer.
4) Please choose an environment that is free of noise and other distractions.
5) When you go to the website listed below , select Canada , and then you will be requested to enter a password.
The password is 59D1856971 it is case sensitive.
6) The test takes about 30 minutes to complete.
If you have any problems do not hesitate to contact Tara Sutherland.
Click here to access the one-page fact sheet for athletes: HEADS UP, CONCUSSION in SPORTS