Sydney, NS – The Cape Breton Capers set a new school record by scoring 104 points in a 28-point victory over the StFX X-Women on Thursday night at the Sullivan Fieldhouse.
AUS leading scorer Hannah Brown (North Sydney, NS) put up a game-high 29 points with 13 rebounds as she continues to put together an MVP type season.
The Capers also received strong games from Monique Calliste (Toronto, ON) with 24 points and Audrey Rankin (Prince George's County, MD) with 14 points.
The X-Women were led in scoring by Kimberley Kingsbury with 18 points and 8 rebounds. Cape Breton native Nalini Maharaj had 4 points and 4 rebounds for the Antigonish school.
Turning point: The X-Women were able to stay with the Capers for the first five minutes of the game before CBU pulled away and never looked back. Cape Breton held a 31-23 lead after the first quarter and built on that lead each quarter.
- Brown led all scorers with 29 points
- Brown also led all players with 13 rebounds
- Mackenzee Ryan (Glace Bay, NS) and Toni Bianchini (Groves Point, NS) of CBU, as well as Lucia MacKay of StFX, had a game-high six assists
- CBU's Audrey Rankin and StFX's Jamie McCarron each had four three-point buckets.
News & Notes:
- The Subway Player of the Game was CBU's Monique Calliste.
The Capers improve their record to 16-2 on the season with 42 points and sit in first place in the AUS standings. The X-Women fall to 0-18 on the season and are in last place and out of playoff contention.
The Capers next game is Saturday, February 16th as they travel to Antigonish to again play StFX. Tip-off is 6:00 pm at the StFX Oland Centre.
Courtesy CBU Sports Information