Sydney, NS - The Cape Breton University Capers started off hot on both sides of the basketball, and carried it throughout the whole game, winning against a winless StFX X-Women team with a score of 88-57.
Alison Keough (Marion Bridge, NS) had another great game for the home team, finishing the night with a game-high 17 points, along with 12 rebounds, enough to give her a double-double and the Subway Player of the game. For the X-Women, Kendra Smith (North Preston, NS) and Jamie McCarron (New Glasgow, NS) both had 11 points.
Turning point: The CAPERS got off to a fast start, giving themselves a 21-13 lead after the first quarter, and worked the score to 48-25 after the first half. Keough opened the game with eight points in the first quarter, giving the X-Women all they could handle in the paint.
- Alison Keough had a double-double with 17 and 12 and shot 50% from the field.
- The Capers were led by a very balanced attack, getting double digit points from all of their starters.
- Kenda Smith and Jamie McCarron both had 11 points for StFX.
- The X-women had 19 turnovers in the loss.
News & Notes:
- The Subway Player of the Game was Alison Keough
- StFX remains winless, falling to 0-11
- With the win, the Capers improve to 7-5 on the season
The Capers will head to UPEI next weekend, playing the Panthers Saturday, Jan. 27th at 6:00 pm and Sunday, Jan. 28th at 1:00 pm.
The X-Women will be back in action this Tuesday, Jan. 23rd, as they head back home to host Dalhousie at 6:00 pm at the StFX Oland Centre.
Courtesy CBU Sports Information