WHAT'S NEW AT THE FITNESS CENTRE
PROCEDURES TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE
The safety and health of our staff and customers are of the utmost importance. Be assured that we have been closely following the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada. To help stop the spread of COVID-19 we have implemented several new measures throughout the fitness centre.
When you come over to the fitness centre for the first time this fall you may notice a few changes
- MASKS are mandatory while on StFX Campus. Must wear a mask while transitioning to and from equipment
- Check in has been moved to the fitness centre. Bring your ID and check in directly at the Wellness Centre Desk. Remember, No Student ID means No entry! Green bracelet also required.
- Facility hours and what is open (click here)
- Fitness sessions are by appointment only. 1 hr sessions include 5 minutes to enter facility, and 5 minutes to exit facility. Booking of fitness sessions can be completed by phone or through your self service portal. Current capacity per appointment slot is 9 people.
- No drop in workout sessions at this time
- We have removed some cardio and resistance training equipment from fitness centre or we have placed a "Not in use" sign on them to encourage 6 ft physical distancing.
- Free weight area is currently a maximum capacity of 3 people
- Please put dumbbells back on rack and wipe handle with cleaner and mircrofiber cloth
- Water fountain is currently not in use, PLEASE bring your waterbottle (no glass)
- Please come prepared to exercise. Public change rooms are currently closed
- Public Bathrooms are located in the Foray of the Keating Centre
- At this time we will not be offering personal training or fitness centre orientations, however if you need assistance please ask one of our staff
When you come to your Fitness centre session
- If you are feeling sick, stay home. If you are experiencing COVID-19 signs and symptoms please contact 811
- You must wear masks on campus and while in the facility. Masks are required during transition of exercise.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before you enter the fitness centre and after you leave the fitness centre
- If you arrive early, you must wait outside. These sixty minutes allow for 5-minutes to arrive and get to your activity, 50-minutes of activity, and 5-minutes to leave.
- Please maintain physical distancing while in the facility, be courteous, and patient
- Bathrooms will be located in the Keating Centre foyer
- Please come prepared to workout, space is limited in the Fitness Facility so please try to leave large bookbags at home
- Please bring water for your workout in a non-breakable container, vending machines are closed
- Super setting is not permitted at this time
- Keep spray bottle and cloth with them at all times and return to the desk when finished
BOOKING A FITNESS SESSION
Self Service Portal
As we prepare to open the fitness centre on September 14, 2020 we will be launching our self service booking portal to help you ease into your active living routine. Using self service booking you will be able to book your fitness centre workout, group fitness class, and drop-in recreation such as basketball shoot around and Student skates.
Steps to activating your online account:
- Activate your student membership at the Welcome desk located in the Alumni Aquatic Centre by completing your liability and release waiver, and scanning your Student ID. Don't forget your green bracelet!
- We will enable self service on your student membership profile and a self-service invitation will be emailed to your email account on file (Patron may need to look in clutter or junk mail folders). May take 24 hours to process.
- Student must accept invitation and complete registration process
- Please complete online registration agreement. Prior to gaining access to recreation facility, an online registration must be completed or a paper copy will be present to complete.
- On member profile a package will be added for Fitness Centre Workout (Please note: this package is limited to 5 visits per week due to facility capacty), drop-in recreation package, and mindfullness package (free weekly class by health centre) added to client. Packages are valid for the length of the Membership.
- Go to online self service link to log in (google chrome browser prefered)
- Book online self-service webpage. Click here
Throughout the term we will be adding drop-in recreation opportunities which will appear on the Self service calendar. Stay tuned for more Rec opportunities!
Don't like to book online? Our welcome desk is here for you, please call 902-867-2181 and one of our customer service staff will assist you with your booking
Trouble with your Self Service portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership inquires contact Welcome desk at 902-867-2181