StFX ATHLETIC THERAPY POLICIES & DOCUMENTS
ATHLETIC THERAPY RESOURCES & LINKS
Atlantic Provinces ATA
IMPACT concussion testing
Concussion Fact Sheet
USPORTS Doping Control Program
CCES Athletes Zone - Prohibited and Non-Prohibited Medications, Supplements & Testing Information
SPORTS MEDICINE PERSONNEL
Head Athletic Therapist
|Assistant Athletic Therapist
(902) 867-2231 office
(902) 999-2684 cell
Dr. David Cudmore
MD, CCFP, FCFP,
Dip Sport Med.
The StFX Therapy Room is located in the Oland Centre. Follow the hallway between the Main Gym and the Auxiliary Gym to the exit at the rear of the Oland Centre. Just before the exit is a hallway to the left. The Therapy Room is the second door on the left in this hallway.
IMAPCT CONCUSSION ASSESSMENT TOOL
NEW ATHLETES attending StFX for the first time
TO ALL NEW INCOMING ATHLETES:
Please find below instructions to complete a baseline test for IMPACT a concussion assessment tool that we will be using on a regular basis for the following years. All athletes will be required to complete this online test prior to their first official practice at StFX for the upcoming 2013-2014 varsity season. This test can be done on line anywhere and please make sure of the following before starting your exam:
1) An external mouse must be used throughout the exam. TouchPad and TrackPoint mice (typically found on laptop computers) should NOT be used.
2) If you are taking your exam on a laptop computer, make sure it is plugged into an electrical outlet and is not running on battery power.
3) Please close any applications other than ImPACT that are currently running on this computer.
4) Please choose an environment that is free of noise and other distractions.
5) When you go to the website listed below , select Canada , and then you will be requested to enter a password.
The password is 59D1856971 it is case sensitive.
6) The test takes about 30 minutes to complete.
If you have any problems do not hesitate to contact Tara Sutherland.
Click here to access the one-page fact sheet for athletes: HEADS UP, CONCUSSION in SPORTS